I watched a coupla utubers who used goo gone to loosen the sticky stuff and
kinda roll it off. The turps seemed to actually dissolve most of it and it
mostly rubbed off.   There was also a suggestion of acetone which I was out of
so grabbed the turps. And it smells better than thinner or acetone.

Some utuber asserted that the sticky stuff was like some kind of varnish
coating on the plastic. This stuff seems to be pure black plastic with that
coating.

I think tomorrow I’ll try to remove the trim pieces and get them cleaned up,
then try the epoxy with some screen material.  Maybe tack them first with
cyanoacrylate.

It’s kinda odd these are the only pieces that are sticky.

--FT
Sent from iPhone