On 2020-09-18 07:43, Karl Wittnebel via Mercedes wrote:
Thanks yes I had a similar thought. I am not sure what a typical system
uses for inputs. There seems to be a pressure switch somewhere in the loop usually. I think the cars typically monitor many parameters so getting the
factory ecu to do the job will involve some programming.

Ah, yes, volume should be determined by pressure considerations.
Maybe build an underhood PWM box that maintains a desired return line pressure whenever the ACC says 'compressor on', and let the TXV at the evaporator control the flow?