On 2020-10-02 11:34, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
I’m using it at present, although grudgingly. Remember, I’m an IT
security professional.

Why do I use it? Because I get a significant discount with it, like
20%. When your insurance costs exceed $3k/year for two cars, ten bucks
is ten bucks, as Geddy Lee says. I vetted the app and found that it’s
pretty innocuous for the most part, relying primarily on the
accelerometer to determine braking, acceleration and speed. Those are
the biggies.

That's my favorite part. If you stop for a yellow light and check your scorecard afterward, they ding you for a 'hard stop'. If you sail through as or slightly after the light turns red, your insurance score is better.