On 2020-10-16 07:58, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
Can’t hurt. Your system is a little different, but I’ll give it a go any way.

I’m finding that it appears to be a rare occasion when transfer case
fluid is changed. Wonder if this goes back to the “lifetime fluid”
approach at that time.

Lifetime fluid was good for warranty claims, but bad for MBZ's reputation of lasting over 200k miles. Transmissions and transfer cases should outlast the warranty on factory fluid, but they don't last forever without fluid changes.