To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 4:42 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Rant about driver door window switches-300D's

I always disassemble them and spray liberally with contact cleaner.  Seems
to hold up for 30,000 miles or so like that.

On 5/11/06, Marshall Field <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am asking the group for some collective wisdom about how to get more
service life out of these switches.   I live in Arizona, where you
typically
have the windows rolled up the majority of the year.   Yet, every 16
months,
for the past 15 years, on each of my three 300D's, I have had to buy a new
switch.

Usually what happens is that the rocker action becomes sticky, then the
switch literally flies apart into your hand  on one of the next cycles.

At nearly a hundred bux a pop from Rusty, it seems to me that there should
be something from a maintenance standpoint that could be done to get some
more service life out of these switches.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Marshall in Feenix   '77 300D, '81 300TD, '85 300DT (Kalifornia)

Sunil Hari
1992 300D 2.5T - 286Kmi.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
513-205-7474