Usually what happens is that the rocker action becomes sticky, then the
switch literally flies apart into your hand  on one of the next cycles.

Disassemble and clean, then reassemble with a dot of grease on the
BB's.  But I've never had a switch pop apart by itself, the usual
problem around here is they get dirty and stop working correctly.

I often do a rocker transplant from good junkyard rear window
switches so that I get renewed legends on the front ones.  Of
course that's a perfect time to clean them too.

-- Jim