Mitch Haley via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> writes:

> Friend of mine worked summers at a beach when he was young.
> One night a HS swimmer stole a whiskey bottle full of antifreeze out of
> dad's garage shelves, took it to a team party at the beach.
> My friend got to ride in an ambulance with one of the kids that didn't
> make it. Not a fond memory of his.

That's awful. Good lesson to never reuse food or beverage containers for
toxic stuff.

The opposite rule is in laboratories, never use lab glassware as drink
cups or for cooking food. Though in the chemistry dept here where my
parents worked, they used to make coffee in a big pyrex flask. Certainly
not permitted today.

Allan