My 82 300SD (Garret turbo) suddenly lost turbo boost last weekend. The banjo
fitting id not plugged and the circuit to the ALDA is not leaking.
Measuring the manifold pressure, I get almost no boost until 3-4,000 rpm and
then I get about 6 psi max.  I don't see any obvious leaks in the intake or
exhaust and I can hear the turbo turning.

Any guesses on probable cause?  I'm wondering if the waste gate is somehow
suck open.  I have noticed jerky boost at high power settings (boost cuts in
and out near max power) in the past so I'm wondering if the waste gate may
be sticking.  And If it is a sticky waste gate ... what's the cure?

Thanks

Scott Ritchey
Kittrell NC
1982 300SD 220K