-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Zoltan Finks
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 1:34 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] New vs. Old Revisited

Forgive me, Marshall Field, as I know this doesn't give you any
information on the topic you asked about, but: Your question regarding
window switches reminded me of an episode on that show "Real Housewives
of Orange County". One of the families' daughter gets in her
couple-of-year-old Mercedes coupe and tries to operate the window
switch, and it's broken. She whines like a six year old: "I need a new
car! I always get hand-me-downs!" Incidently, her mom also drives a
Mercedes coupe, and at least one other character on the show does as
well.

This sort of speaks (indirectly) to the issue that was being talked
about a few days ago on the list. The issue of new Mercedes vs. old was
brought up. I guess this encapsulates most of the reason I don't really
want a new Mercedes. It seems to be just sort of a generic, overly
common car that folks buy because they are in a certain slot in society.
The last few times I have gone out to California, I noticed that the
freeways are crawling with them. And just very recently, I've noticed
that that trend is finally hitting here in little ol' Rochester, MN. I
get the feeling that 85% of the drivers of these new machines could just
as likely have wound up in a Lexus or an Acura.

I prefer to have something that you have to want to have - something
that you couldn't have accidentally.

Don't misunderstand, I know that there are a lot of folks that have new
Mercedes' who are actually enthusiasts, and I'm not trying to step on
their toes (though I think I did).

Brian
83 240D