Our trust with full population (title and deed transfers, etc.) and
lifetime support - updates, walking the kids through the final process -
was $2500.

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 5:10 AM Dan Penoff via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Plain probate. Wills, durable power of attorneys, etc., etc. There’s far
> more to it, but in general it’s what most people need for it to be done
> right. And that’s for a couple (two people.) He does a complete review of
> assets and how they’re held, gets all the familia details down, inventory
> of property, etc., etc. It’s pretty thorough.
>
> A trust is about twice that much or more depending on how complicated it
> will be.
>
> I don’t know how competitive the costs are compared to other attorneys -
> our guy is both a probate and tax attorney, which is why we chose him. I
> suspect if you do it with someone who practices only in probate it might be
> a little cheaper, but in the long run, who cares if you want to be sure
> things are right?
>
> -D
>
> > On Nov 15, 2020, at 3:17 AM, archer75--- via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >

> > Dan wrote:
> >
> >> We have a trust set up in order to essentially bypass probate and
> convey all of our belongings, etc., to our children upon our passing.
> However, I would warn anyone considering a trust that they can be expensive
> and complex to set up. Our probate attorney typically doesn’t recommend
> them unless you’ve got more than $500k in assets. We didn’t when ours was
> set up, but it’s how we wanted things done, so we bit the bullet and spent
> the money for peace of mind.
> >>
> >> To give you an idea, our probate attorney charges about $2k to do a
> husband and wife’s wills, durable power of attorney, and all the related
> paperwork. He has a 25 page form you have to fill out in advance of him
> doing any of the work, and you meet at least once after the form is turned
> in to review everything. Don’t rely on a “do it yourself” will or something
> like that, as it’s not worth the potential headaches it could cause for
> your heirs. We’re comfortable that things will go as we want them to when
> we’re gone.
> >> -D
> >
> > Is that $2K for probate or a trust?
> > THanks,
> > Gerry
> >

> > --
> > https://www.avg.com

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!