My Mom and Dad had an irrevocable trust. My brother was the administrator.
Couldn’t have picked a better one, as he’s a corporate banker and very “black
and white” when it comes to marching orders. When my Mom passed the trust was
terminated and the assets distributed to us kids.

As I understood it, Dad formed the trust primarily to hold title to their real
estate holdings, some that were outside the U.S. Not exactly sure what the
ramifications were, but knowing my Dad there was a good reason.

-D