AK has to barge all its goods from outside.  Article in this week’s daily rag
reports that shipping costs are going up due to constrictions related to
meeting mandates, wear and tear on employees, and PITA of access to docks.  Lot
of boats are moored at ports with no place to be.

Added to the reduced hours manufacturers of goods are actually producing, paper
plants dropped shifts, much as others have reduced employment.  Less goods to
ship, less stuff on shelves.  Now it is weather that slows or impedes goods
arriving, so it stacks up at originating ports not getting loaded, as well as
not being off loaded, as there is reduced rail and road transport.

A recent example of how SARS-CoV is tossing a wrench.  #1 boy is essential.  He
was in a location all day with somebody who came in contact with another person
who came in contact with other person who tested for the plague.  Being a
conscientious person, he tells the supervisor.  That gets him sent home until
he has percolated long enough for plague to erupt, at which point he has to get
a test for Schroedinger virus.

One week out of work.

Tested and has to wait, since employer demands most reliable testing.

Other week unemployed.

Had he been truly infected, then funding would have kicked in for lost wages.
Since he did not become plague zombie, no dinero, work was down essential
employees at essential job sites for half the month, chain reaction of contact
trace put even more people imprisoned to 14 days, slowing more essential
business.

One positive.  It was hunting season, so the plague in waiting group was able
to bag their limits.

Clay

inter urinas et faeces nascimur