As I recall, this renter is coming from California or Oregon, left coast
area?

There is your explanation.... Next call will be to ask you why the toilet
paper isn't an auto ass wipe feature.

Hope you collected both First and Last month rent as part of the move in
deposit... if anything breaks, it will stay broken, he won't fix it.