On Thu, 03 Dec 2020 14:53:32 -0500 Mitch Haley via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Getting my Mom a Ryzen 7 system that I probably can't run Win7 on due
> to lack of drivers.

I ran Win7 on our "new" Ryzen 3 system on a BioStar motherboard and found
everything worked except the USB connectors. I contacted the factory and
was told they had a program which would add the correct drivers to an
Win7 install on a pen drive. I tried that and went around and around with
them (I'm sure the language difference did not help) with my saying it
did not work and their saying it did. Perhaps a different motherboard
company (ASUS? ASRock?) would be different.

I finally gave up and installed CentOS 7 (with Gnome3) and got working
USB ports, but a lot of other things I do not like about Gnome3.

Craig