Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 23:25:01 -0500
From: "Zoltan Finks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fluids and Filters
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I guess I didn't stop to think: Am I being naive by not being more
trepidacious about introducing air into the fuel system by changing the
filters? I assumed I'd have to use the hand primer pump to get fuel up
the IP, or injectors (you can see my lack of understanding here). But
is it
really a difficult undertaking - the filter changing process - due to
the
air in the system? I was planning on just pouring fuel from a can into
the
spin-on filter.

So, when using the primer pump, you just pump 'til it begins to leak
out
onto your hands? If not, how do you know when the job is done?

And what would happen if one didn't use the hand pump at all, and just
tried
to start it. I assume they'd get no start, but would they royally mess
the
system up in the process?

This is why I LOVED it when I installed an electric fuel pump on my big
block, and chucked the manual one completely - and put a steel plate
over
its place on the block. No matter what I did, I could just turn on that
trusty little pump, and I'd have fuel at the carbs in a few seconds.

Brian
83 240D