In a message dated 5/12/2006 2:33:53 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Inspection time is here again. Last year, the inspection station  failed
my 300SE on the emissions test. I tried driving it out before  returning
for a retest and it failed again. How did another station pass  it? Don't
ask. How can I prepare for the emissions test this year? What are  the
possible causes? Can an oxy sensor cause an emissions failure? Is  it
necessarily the cat? What are the other possible  problems?

Les,

Why don't you pull out your old inspection sheet and list the categories,
the ones you failed, the allowable limits and what your car scored?  Also,
they
usually have a help counter at the testing stations and they can give you
some more detail about why you failed.

I bet we can help.  leaking fuel pressure regulators are a leading  cause of
over rich conditions that may fail your vehicle.

Simple stuff like one time my breather hose fell off the intake piping and
they failed me .

Regards,

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ