Even if attention is paid, sometimes the medico fails to explain just what is
going on.

Dad had multiple visits to the poop scope folks, history of cancers, and all he
knew was that there was a benign adenoma in his duodena.  Procto-idiot just
shared that, and let it fester.  For years.  Even gave him more colonoscopy.
Then, Dad feels horrid and thinks it is the Warfarin he is taking for clots
that has made his tummy unhappy.  Lots of vomit and weight loss, he gets an
ambulance ride and finds out he had stage four gut rot.  Died six months later.
 He would have been 93 this weekend.

Clay

inter urinas et faeces nascimur