It was sort of a running joke that Dad would outlive us all.  He came from a
mix of very hearty and very prone to heart disease stock.  Had he taken after
his mother’s side, he would have died before retirement.  As it was, his
father’s genetics tended toward outliving your mental capabilities.  So, he
muddled through massive coronary issues and other health trouble from Viet Nam
toxics.

What did him in was not the cancer, but the imbecile chinese breast cancer gal
who had no clue how to handle gerontologic patients.   Complete medical
incompetence that garnered the attention of the hospital and oncology
departments, which chastised her.  That was four months into neglecting to
implement common standards of care in his treatment.

Mom is still going strong at 91.  Out in the rain pulling weeds in her garden
this past week.

Clay

inter urinas et faeces nascimur