On 2020-12-18 13:27, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
Thought about you on the way home fro the office today, I was behind a
Volt on the Crosstown Expressway. They were keeping up pretty well.

A Volt is a Cruze with a non-turbo engine and a fair sized battery and some minor aero improvements.

I know a couple of guys who switched from Cruze to Volt and loved it, but I keep coming back to the fact that the Volt is about 500lb heavier and noticeably slower, combined with the fact that I could never make up the difference in purchase price on fuel savings. But they're thrilled with their '200mpg fuel consumption', and say the smooth ride and quietness on e-power are worth it.

At least it allows normal people (under 50 miles per day) to drive an electric car, while still retaining the ability to go 400 miles on a tank of gas when they travel long distances.