Trucks are just stupid expensive.  Have been for years.

#1 boy is interested in the work truck he is using.  Company has contracted
with decline in oil patch work, so there are many vehicles taking up space.  He
uses a ten year old crew cab that was formerly supervisor/manager ride, so it
is well appointed.  Diesel with big miles.  Not been thrashed, but also not
getting maintained either.  The ask is over $20k.  Pretty much the same as
getting a 15-20 year old smaller PU of the nissan or toyota flavor.  US iron is
pretty thrashed and still expensive from private or used lot.

Clay

inter urinas et faeces nascimur