I wf t through a Looking Glass once so maybe I count.

I bought a complete Star clone system off AliExpress for like $550. You can buy
the little handheld systems like the iCarsoft for $150 and they do a lot but
not everything, they will show most codes and such but might not be able to
clear/reset all systems. Other handheld units that cost more can do more.

I think for working on anything from the 90s on you need a system of some sort,
the Star clone is the best obviously. For that diesel you would probably need
the Star clone.

The thing about this is that if you buy a “newer” (I.e. anything from the
2000s) and don’t want to go broke paying a mech to sort it out every time you
have some issue, the Star clone will more than pay for itself if you have the
interest and aptitude to work on the vehicle.  Otherwise buy a Toyota or GM
thing (will also have issues but less proprietary maybe).

--FT
Sent from iPhone