My indy was unable to fully diagnose the CEL on my 2014 GLK using his
handheld system (he's an MB certified tech who had worked at a local
dealership).  He could only hazard a guess that it was a bad sensor, but no
guarantee, so I took it to the dealer to avoid throwing money at the
problem.  The dealer's proprietary diagnostic computer revealed cracks in
both air charge hoses, which I had them replace.  This led to a huge
improvement in fuel economy and better overall performance, so I felt it
was worth the money.