The distribution and management of vaccinations here in Florida has been
nothing short of a cluster, mainly because the state (and Federal government)
has left it up to the counties to administer, with little to no guidance on how
it should be done. I can’t get into the specifics for my county, but suffice to
say, the term “clown show” was used by one of our county commissioners in
describing the initial efforts.

Our IT group got involved after the initial debacle and engaged a national firm
who is working with the states to handle the scheduling and distribution, and
now things are going far more smoothly and without incident. The issue now is
the lack of vaccine, as we’ve got far less than we need to distribute to the
groups that are identified as needing it.

-D