*Trump made it clear when he announced he was running for president that he
was an outsider and wasn’t part of the “swamp” and would challenge the
swamp rats (pretty much everyone there).  He made good on that promise and
got all sides turned against him, including about half the citizens.  *

Nuh-huh.  One of his last acts was to revoke restrictions on lobbying that
he had put in place in 2017.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/20/trump-revokes-rule-lobbying-by-white-house-staff-460608