Why worry? Do what makes you happy.
We have seen imperfect cars go for big money on BAT.
Maybe try not to alter things in such a way that they cannot be put back to original if someone ultimately wants to go that route, but neither of these cars is a relatively perfect specimen,  given you have described them both as being in "sad shape", so why not do whatever you want with them?

Randy