Yes - remove the intake manifold. Buy  new gaskets for each end of it. This
is an opportunity to replace the hard and crumbling clips that hold the
injections so they don't crack. If all the glow plugs are the same age, you
might want to replace all of them while it's the easiest it will be to get
to them. I don't remember what else while you're there, but someone with
more recent experience will chime in.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 11:35 AM Dimitri Seretakis via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Number 3 glow plug on the 1990 2.5 Turbo is faulty. Ohmmeter reads  around
> 20 Ω. Others around 1. It’s difficult to access as it’s buried under the
> intake manifold. I might be able to remove it nevertheless but I’m
> wondering if there are any tips to do so without causing damage such as
> stripping threads of head or snapping plug in head or just general tips to
> facilitate the job. I’ve done this job on 220D and 240D but never on a car
> with aluminum head and poor access. If manifold removal is inevitable are
> there any tips there?
>
> Sent from my iPhone

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!