Interesting that everyone appears to favour jacking under the diff etc. Not sure about old MB but so many carmakers tell you not to do that.

With my old car, I have tried to stick with jacking using the tubular jack points in the rocker panels. Fortunately, I have not had to jack it up often but I have never really been sure where else it might be considered safe to use the jack. My car is solid so I can jack with the floor jack under the lift points if I want, but I wondered if that was a good idea too which is why I started thinking about making a means of lifting from the lift points with a floor jack rather than from under them.

Randy