just put a bent piece of big wire in there until it warms up!

-_FT

On 2/11/21 6:03 PM, Allan Streib via Mercedes wrote:
New breaker would be my first try. They do get weak. If the problem
persists then diagnose further.

Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> writes:

It is in the 20's today and will be into the single digits this week.
One thing I have noticed for quite a while is every now and then the
breaker for the aux heat will be tripped.  I usually just reset it and
its fine but the aux heat does not have to run much as it has not been
that cold.  When we got back I had it set for 65 and the breaker was
tripped again.  I set the temp back to 68 and checked later and the
breaker was tripped again.  I reset it and just now checked it and temp
is now up to 68 and the breaker tripped a 3rd time.  In other words, I
need to get this addressed.  What could be the cause?  Thought about
swapping out the breaker in case it was getting weak but what else could
be the cause?  Is it likely something is shorting in the heat strips
itself?  Not sure if I should investigate and resolve or just turn in a
service request to the home warranty company.

--FT