Some years ago the wind in West Texas just died on New Years Day (I think it
was). It was really cold and power demand was high. All the wind machines (and
there were lots) stopped producing and that was a Big Problem as Texas was
pretty much stand-alone as far as ties into other power grids. So lots of
people were without power on a day when that was unwelcome. Took a long time to
spin up other sources, I don’t recall if there was even enough to compensate.
I think after that the power companies might have added some ties to bring in
power.

--R
Sent from iPhone