My Sonoma has a short (6 ft) bed but there are "notches" in the bed walls
for four 2x6 boards (the right length) that support 4x8 sheets above the
wheel wells.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes On Behalf Of Jim Cathey via Mercedes
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2021 8:18 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Jim Cathey <jim.cathey...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Covid and price of cars

> It's just challenged to haul a cord of wood, or a stack of 4x8 plywood [in
a short bed].

With the tailgate down sheet goods are just fine in a short bed.  My first
truck was a club cab with a short bed.  When replaced with a standard
pick-em-up, I'd found that I missed the extra interior space far more than
I'd ever needed more bed room.  When I replaced _that_ with an extended-cab
long bed truck I found that the thing was considerably less maneuverable due
to the extra overall length, felt like driving a bus...

TANSTAAFL.

-- Jim