From: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 6:24 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] DIY tire repair

> What are you using to mount and dismount the tires?
>
> Harry Watkins wrote:
>
> > I bought Harbor freight and JC Whitney equipment, a few patch supplies
and I now do my own.

> > After experiencing the same kind of bad things I hear about and read on
these lists, I am giving it a try.  Actually, even though its grunt work, I
get real satisfaction from doing a quality repair.

> > I first use soapy water to find and mark the leaks, do a quick clean,
dismount the tire, do an inside inspection with a spreader, wire brush the
rim, patch from the inside with a mushroom patch, remount, apply bead seal,
air it up, check for leaks, balance and reinstall with proper torque