To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 12:42 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] DIY tire repair

Dave Wakin wrote:

I also figure that  you need to get them balanced when your done anyway,

so

might as well pay the extra few dollars to have them mount them too.

Around

here, it is $7.50 for balance, or $10 for mount and balance.

I've heard that in a pinch, you can do pretty well with a bubble-type
balancer.  It's not perfect, because it's not a dynamic balance, though,
and it takes some practice.  Some owners of old VWs resort to this
because a lot of shops can't fit the old wide-pattern 5-lug wheels onto
their spin balancer.