Think outside the box.. keep the cars, the acres, the barn.... Just buy
more life insurance on Mrs. , and..... sign her up for a defensive shooting
and self defense course.. Since it could go either way, at the present
situational awareness as demonstrated, hedge your bet on either outcome.

Consider a fence with a rolling gate entry that operates on a clicker, so
you don't have to get out to open the gate, then sensors that close the
gate after you pull through.