People are fleeing California to Arizona in huge numbers, and have been for
10 years now. They are driving real estate prices to what was considered
insane levels just 10 years ago, because the house they sold to leave CA
buys anything they want in AZ, plus .

Reasons for leaving CA are manifold, high taxes, government control of
almost everything, etc etc etc..
By Arizona standards, they are not good citizens, having moved with all the
social program baggage of CA.