Living off grid requires adjustment to your city living lifestyle. However,
with just a small change, it is worth the effort.
The well at the Ranch is 980 ft with sweet water, I've had it tested and it
tests way cleaner than city water, without anything done to it.
The water tanks sit on the side of a little mountain behind the house about
400 ft altitude, so gravity water pressure is plenty good. The 4 tanks are
5,000 each, for a capacity of 20,000 gallons possible storage. I use an
engine driven 2 inch pump to push the water up the mountain when pumping
water, and a diesel generator to provide 220 v to run the submerged well
pump, so pumping water takes a little effort to get all the machinery
operating in sequence. The tanks fill one at a time, with each one
connected to a manifold for total control of what goes in, and what comes
out. All with 2 inch ball valves.
Normal months usage, with guests, who have been "ranch trained" is around
1,500 gallons. That is normal toilet flushes, dishwashing, laundry, and
showers included.
Showers are "Navy submarine style", you turn on the water, wet yourself
down, soap up, turn off the shower head [ball valve at the head so settings
are preserved] , scrub down, flip the ball valve back on and rinse. That
system conserves a lot of water, both cold and hot.
To date, I have never emptied more than one of the tanks in a month of use,
but the other 3 remain filled as my backup reserve [it's the desert after
all, things can happen, and it's a long way to town.]

A lot of folks that live off the grid live quite well hauling water, or
paying someone to haul their water. Those that haul their own, that I've
seen, usually max out with a 500 gallon trailer mounted tank [near
dangerous load] if they have a truck heavy enough to pull and stop the
weight.  Many use food grade plastic tanks in steel cages at 275 gallons,
which fit nicely in the bed of a pickup and "make a load"... [avoid sudden
stops and turns]. Every time they go to town for supplies, they top off the
water tank and replenish that way.

Good luck, drive and load smart, you'll be OK.
Grant