Where is the sensor and what is the connection like?  Is there a fuse in there somewhere, or a relay in the fuse box that it connects to?  There is all kinds of funky connections to those relays.  Or does it connect to one of the brains under the box inf ront of the pass side where the ECU and K40 live?  I pulled all those out of the 97E420 and cleaned the contacts etc, I can't remember what they are all for.  One is K40, one is ECU, one is ASR+PNL (I don't know what PNL means) and there is one more in there, a big one in back that I could not get the connector off, I'm not sure what it does but it has a lot of connections.

CHANGE YOUR FUSES!!!

--FT