Just had to get a new key for the Focus. Ford dealer wouldn't touch it,
said they can't do anything with cars over 10 years old. Big strike
against ever buying a Ford again, even though I've been pretty happy
with the Focus overall.

Local locksmith came to the car with a mobile programming device and
programmed a new key on the spot. Fortunately I still had a non-chip
copy of the key so they could cut the teeth from that.

Allan