The SEA home is now in the flight path of a bunch of planes.  When built in
1926, the place might have been impacted by the Navy base over the hill with
their flights, many that ended up in the lake instead of runway.  Base left
about 50 years ago, so that did not impact.  There are float planes that go
over from their base to downtown every morning and evening, not that
bothersome.  The adjusting of the flight path to SeaTac did cause an increase
of noise.  But the engineering of engines has decreased it.  The folks who used
to live right alongside the airport raised a fuss and that caused the paths to
be changed so lots more folks got the enjoy jet noise.

ANC house is a few blocks from the runway and there is one that has the cargo
747 go by right outside the window.  I hear the darn things spooling up at 0300
(but they make noise all through the night.  There are a number of speedy homes
that share my joy.  Not to mention the waterfront homes on the lake with their
float planes buzzing like flies all summer and sometimes even swapping out skis
so they can operate in winter as well.

I am not a flight aficionado, but thems are the breaks.   As more people want
homes, more places that are not conducive to living beside them will be built
up.

clay

I have no pronouns please do not refer to me.

> On Apr 19, 2021, at 12:50 PM, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>> wrote:
>
> Every time I fly into DFW it seems a new addition of houses are being built.
> It’s funny they are building these brand new houses right by the airport or
> in the flight path of planes taking off and landing. Will these people then
> start bitching about airplane noise when they move in? That seems to
> typically be what happens. I know it Tulsa there were a LOT of old
> neighborhoods near the airport that they bought out about 30 years ago and
> tore down all those houses due to noise. All these houses were there before
> the airport in this case.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Clay

inter urinas et faeces nascimur