Back in 2005 I bought my 18' steel floor car trailer brand new for either $1600 or $1800, can't remember which.  At the time wood floor trailers were either $1200 or $1400.  I used that that trailer to haul hundreds of cars over the years.  My buddy who is retiring sold me his car trailer yesterday for $2k.  It is a major upgrade as mine was a basic sort of trailer. This one has the chrome diamond plating all over, has a shield that bolts on the front, has a good mounting plate for a winch (comes with a removable winch), has all those running lights all over, the big deal it has the ramps that slide out the back rather than the ones that store in the side that you have to carry around to the back. Also has some fancy American Racing alloy wheelsI will need to do a minor amount of work to it, mainly just replacing the trailer connector as he had a 4 way flat plug which does not run the trailer brakes.  Need to replace that then see if the trailer brakes work.  I see trailers similar to it listed for something like $8k.

Anyway, I debated on keeping my trailer as you can never have too many trailers, right?  I decided to go ahead and list it on Fakebook last night and sold it today for $3500.  It is simply amazing how the cost of these things has gone up over the years. Maybe I should have kept it and was kind of sad to see it go. I have been on many towing adventures with that trailer.