I replaced a water heater that died (the day before I got hit by a truck while
riding my bike, a cold shower DID NOT feel good) that had one of those remote
control devices on it, wired into the power lines to the WH. I deleted it as it
never seemed to do anything although I guess it might be hard to tell given
timing and use and capacity of the WH.

I opened up the device and it was some simple thing with a coupla relays and
small circuit board.

--FT
Sent from iPhone