> But eventually someone has to buy the cars, which is less likely if they are
> overpriced.

I'm sure it's some variant of the shit where they will pay more in operating
costs, often many times over, rather than do a better job up front, because
it would involve a slightly higher capital cost.  "Hey, not MY budget."  Even
if one corporate entity is who is paying ALL costs in the end.

So, how you rig the game will result in how successful it is overall, over time.
Ultimately I'm sure it's why big companies die, and small ones are formed.
They get ossified and inefficient, and the new small sharks swoop in and
eat the lunch, and eventually the carcass, of the big fish.  Ad infinitum.

-- Jim