Not that they are equivalent, but the transmission in my Element has been
steadily improving with fresh Honda fluid. Last summer it would not move; was
using Castrol fluid that claimed it met Honda specs. Since then I have done
three changes with Honda fluid and there is still an occasional slip/slow gear
change but it is driving much better. Unfortunately the main transmission
filter is not replacable without splitting the transmission case. There is a
small inline filter in the cooler line which I have changed.

Allan