On 2021-07-13 23:48, Allan Streib via Mercedes wrote:
Getting ready to change motor mounts on my 300SD. I have the rubber
mounts, but I was looking at it tonight and there are some small
shocks/struts in there also. Do these tend to need replacing by the
time the big rubber mounts fail?

Something my W116 taught me, a stupid lesson really:
If you don't unhook the shocks, and try to lift the engine to replace the main mounts, you rip the shock mounts, which cost more than the big mounts.