I hate to rain on the EV parade, but, who is going to invest the critical
and much needed $400 Trillion in building new electrical generation and
transmission lines to support all these new EV vehicles, in the next 9
years?
Graphic example: California just ordered all EV vehicles NOT to charge,
because the power transmission lines were at peak load and could not meet
the expected charging demands.
Record heat, record AC use, forest fires caused by overheated and sagging
transmission lines... etc etc... repeat across Europe.
Presently, there is serious discussion about shutting down Hoover Dam
because of extreme drought. The water level in Lake Meade is lower than it
has been in 50 years.
Mining for EV battery materials and critical component materials is in
extreme short supply, for the projected future.
Large power plants historically take 20 or more years to build, Large
transformers have lead times measured in years. Transmission lines? Who
knows for sure, few have been built in the past 40 years. Steel for
towers... made in the steel mills in China... Wire for lines... ? Who mines
the raw materials and what is the real lead time to make thousands of miles
of new transmission lines?
Asking for a friend.