GWN is a perfect example of the intractable situation EVs face.  Only in the
past 18 months has there been a connected “grid” for electricity.  Oh, there
were six or seven individual providers who had an overly complex
interchange/pancaked rates exchange that could have seen an electron moved from
one end of the grid to the other, but the thing would have cost thousands of %
more by the time it got there.  Now, it is all “one” from Seward to Fairbanks,
at a reasonable fee.

Nothing else is connected to anything at all.  Micro generation for each
village or outpost at a cost of dollars per kilowatt hour.  Not that there are
roads between these remote places, so no need for EV anyway.  Sometime in the
next few months, maybe by Spring 2022, a person could EV from Fairbanks south
and have charge points so you actually arrive.  Battery life at -30C is not
going to be good.

Then, there is all the magic minerals to make an EV function.  There are at
least 19 rare earth minerals in mineable quantities.  All have been mined and
processed before.  Most recently WWII based on recent articles.  A massive
graphite mine is attempting to get approved.  It makes the magical blend that
is perfect for Elon’s battery packs.  And let us not overlook the MASSIVE
copper deposit that would supply US needs well into the 22nd century.  But that
is not to be, the enviro-weenies at Corps of Engineers yanked their approval
after a call by the current resident.

If you expect to own an EV, it will be made out of Chinese minerals and labor.

Clay

inter urinas et faeces nascimur