Thanks Allan - I am 71 so age is a factor.  My big fear is having a reaction to the V that is as bad as/worse than C19.  Yes I am nervous about receiving the V. Also, there is so much contradictory information out there it's hard to make an informed decision based on fact.

Thanks for the info - every little bit helps.
Larry

On 7/24/2021 4:59 PM, Allan Streib via Mercedes wrote:
>From what I have read it's a rare but non-zero chance esp. with the Janssen
(J&J vaccine), to the point where they recenlty added an advisory to the official
data sheet about it. When it happens, it seem to be more likely in men over age 50.

I can't comment on how your condition would change the calculus. Talk to a
neurologist?

FWIW, GBS is also a cataloged as a possible after-effect of contracting
COVID-19. So the risk *may* be a wash.

Allan

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021, at 4:52 PM, Larry Turner via Mercedes wrote:
Hi All -
     IIRC, there are others on the list with Demylinating Polyneropathy
(like me).  I have heard things about people and Guillame-Barret disease
getting the Vac and having bad reactiions. Does anyone have good/bad
comments about having CIPD and the Vac?

Thx,
LarryT
06 E350

On 1/15/2021 1:00 AM, Rick Knoble via Mercedes wrote:
Silly question for Karl.

Is this (VADE) a valid concern?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibody-dependent_enhancement

Rick