Long-time Mamiya guy. Mainly M645, dabbled in the RB67 but never wanted to
invest in the platform as it was really expensive at the time.

The M645 was like a 35mm SLR on steroids. It handled in a similar manner,
yielded a large frame (6mm x 4.5mm) which was great for the landscape
photography I liked to do, and the system was expansive and affordable.

I had several Yashica 120 TLRs, all of which did a good job for a manual medium
format camera.

The real beauty of the M645 platform and the main reason why I preferred it was
the availability of removable backs. I could load backs with B&W, color
negative and Ektachrome or Kodachrome and be able to swap them out on the fly
based on what I wanted to shoot and the image I wanted to attain. You can see a
number of photos I shot with this setup on my website at
http://penoff.com/Photos.html

K&H Photo used to be a great place to snag medium format gear at a very good
price, and their rating system is super conservative. I happened to look the
place over a week or two ago when I was cleaning up my bookmarks and there
seems to be little in the way of used medium format gear around. Not sure if
they’re just not actively buying/selling much any more, or if there’s simply no
demand and as a result no market.

I’m surprised 120/220 film is readily available any more.

-D