I forgot the extreme ends of my collection - I have an almost complete spy
setup of Minox B camera and accessories - just missing the packets of
chemistry. I rigged up a couple of exacto blades to slit 35mm film to load
in Minox cartridges, techpan and tri-x. I only played with the cameras
though, no spy work. On the other end, I had a 20"x20" process camera on
horizontal rails that I bought for the 19" lens. I mounted the lens on an
8x10 for portraits.
One of the points I like about the Nikon system is that I can use all of my
old Nikon glass on the current digital bodies.
For my next photo adventure, I'm re-building the Woody's Pusher with a
plexiglass dome nose with a mount for the D750 - I'll be able to "point and
shoot" with the airplane, just like a gun camera in a fighter.
My current favorite lens for aerial video is the Irix 11mm on the full
frame D750 - almost fisheye coverage, but rectilinear drawing.

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 6:29 PM Allan Streib via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> When I was into B&W photography in high school I always preferred Ilford
> film and paper. Seemed to have a higher contrast, deeper blacks, which I
> liked, I thought Kodak always came out looking washed out and grey.
>
> Last time I shot any film was about a year ago, shot a roll of Fujicolor
> 35mm and was aghast at what it cost to get the film processed and scanned
> to digital. That pretty much put an end to any thoughts I had about getting
> back into film photography.
>
> Allan
>

> On Wed, Aug 18, 2021, at 4:14 PM, dan penoff.com via Mercedes wrote:
> > I typically shot Kodak Plus-X (ASA 125, IIRC) in black and white,
> Vericolor for color negatives (rarely used) and both Ektachrome and
> Kodachrome for color slides. For color I almost always shot  slide film, as
> it’s far more stable than color negative film and the dyes in it can be
> complimentary to the type of subject you’re shooting, as in Ektachrome for
> blues and Kodachrome for red. Besides that from an archival standpoint
> color slide film, especially Kodachrome, is significantly more stable than
> any other films. That and the print reversal process made it easy to get
> prints out of color slides.
> >
> > I have 35mm Kodachrome slides my Dad shot in the 1950s that still look
> like new. It was a sad day when they stopped selling Kodachrome, as well as
> when the last lab, a place in Kansas, I believe, stopped processing it.
> >
> > -D
> >
> > > On Aug 18, 2021, at 2:23 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm going to use the Indie Film lab: https://youtu.be/TCxoZlFqzwA
> > > About $16/roll for the B&W stuff I bought. Until I went to buy film I
> didn't realize that there was anything other than B&W in 120. I've never
> used color in one.
> > > -Curt

> rolls with shipping was less than $32.
> > >
> > > That's about 50 cents per shot, in 6x6 format, less in 6x4.5.  Not too
> bad.
> > > Of course, developing and printing is extra.
> > >
> > > -- Jim

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!