Lucky for me, I do not have a 126, so I was into it for the edjumukashun of it. If I could liberate the thing intact, I was sure to find a person needing the thing more than I would. Should I in future need said item, I will be able to beat the crap out of the dash area and liberate it for personal use

On Friday, May 26, 2006, at 06:28 AM, Trampas wrote:

Now here is a question for you. If yours is bad and it is that much effort
to replace why would you install a used one?

Trampas

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of redghost
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 12:45 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 126 A/C

Wasted most of the day at PnP trying to liberate the condenser in a 85
126.  Who thought that installation was a good idea?  I near killed
myself just trying to get the dash out.  Then we did battle with the
plastic body for the heater.  That really was a head scratcher.
Having already destroyed the car, I am sure the next one will be less
trouble.  I guess you just remove the whole blasted plastic body
housing with everything inside and call it good.