Our 2013 F150's alarm will go off for no reason if I leave it unlocked in
the garage. It might take 30 minutes or a couple of hours, but it will
sound off! I always lock it now just to keep the damned alarm off.

On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 11:00 AM Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I have never been locked out although once the battery ran down b/c I had
> inadvertently left the "key" in the #2 position (with "keyless go")
>
> On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 11:49 AM Jim Cathey via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > > ...but they have a habit of self-locking.
> >
> > Our SDL did this once.  We only had the one key, and it was inside in
> > the ignition, ready for us to leave cross-State.  My brother helped us
> > break
> > in.  After that, I NEVER leave the keys in a car that is capable of
> > self-locking.
> >
> > -- Jim

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!